Wednesday, October 17, 2007

SCHOOL SUCKS!

so we had our first student teaching experience today. It was just supposed to like show us kind of how things were going to work when we started really student teaching in a couple of months. anyways I was really looking foward to it and all, and I had been assigned a practical law class (I am really close to that teacher, so she requested me) anyways I went into the class room during lunch and learn so that I could find out what my lesson was going to be, and you know ask her a couple of questions that I had, well I went in the class room and this is what the board said.

AGENDA: OCT. 17,2007

STUDENT TEACHER-Ms. Wright

1.warm-up discussion "why do a large number of rapes go unreported?"
2.Ch. 9 Pgs. 112-115- Laws/steps reguarding rape/reporting
3.Summary dicsussion/review worksheet

You know what are the odds of that? The one day that I am student teaching and this is the topic!!!!!!???? Of all of the other fu**ing topics in that book and she had to pick that one for that day!! I did not know what to do. I didn't want to s tand up there and talk about that...how was I suppose to teach a subject liek that to the class when i can't even...when I can't even talk about it when I need to????? I did it...I didn't have a choice, btu the whole time I was standing up there I was watching the clock just waiting for ti to be over. The class did all of the talking I don't think I hardly said anything...I just felt like if someone said the wrong thing I would freaking loose it. I hated the discussion the most...their opinions on why they wernt reported...the most said one was fear, but then there was this one asshole was like "maybe because it didn't really happen," I wanted to tell him that jackasses like him were the reason people didnt report because people like him make us thing that no one will believe us!!!! I have never been more relieved to get out of a class as I was to get out of that class. I think maybe Mrs. Mcg. could tell how upset I was getting, because she ended up stepping in half way through the lesson and helping me, and when he made that comment she told him to keep his opinions to hisself if they were liek that. I'm sure she just thought I was nervous, but thank god for that. i don't know what I would have done if I would have had to teach the whole lesson, I could barly stand to just listen to it. People are so mean with their opinions. Needless to say I guess that was just anothign thing to add to my absolutely horrible week and a half. I seriously am starting to realllyyyy HATE schooL!!!!!!!!!!!!

;-(

1 comment:

Lila Elswick said...

You are very brave to have continued with the lesson on a topic so close to your life at this time especially with people making rude comments around you in the class.
Take care,
Lila